Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ashes

Perhaps it's sleep deprivation, or maybe the aging process. But, I'm not that old (47). My memory is slipping. Does anyone remember Tom Hanks as "Mr. Short-Term Memory" on Saturday Night Live? That's me.

Grocery lists are only any good if you take them with you to the store. I make some great lists -- I just seldom take them with me.

Some days I get to work and can't remember if I brushed my teeth or put on deodorant. Sometimes I get to the back of the house and wonder why I'm back there.

At dinner I'll say, "Uh, excuse me. We need to say the blessing?" "We already said the blessing," they reply.

We went to Ash Wednesday Mass and received our ashes. My wife and I were in the bathroom getting ready for bed, and I was brushing my teeth. I looked up in the mirror and said, "Good grief. I've got something all over my forehead!"

I think I'm going to start sleeping in more often.

No comments: